Saturday, March 06, 2010

A couple of years ago, I had philosophical musings I called the Pioneer Party. I have not founded such a party, mostly musings on what I see as common sense and where the United States is going.
I got the idea of "Pioneer from the second book former Monty Python comedian and commentator on all sorts of things, John Cleese wrote with his former therapist and friend Dr. Robin Skynner.
At one point in the book, they discussed different societies. One of those was the United States. John Cleese talked about the individualism of Americans and the pioneer spirit and hard work made us.
It suddenly hit me reading my friend, Author Lori Foster's posts we are missing something with our present gridlock in government. We need to return to some of what made us great. Hard work and neighbor helping neighbor, sharing skills.
I may not agree with Lori on everything (that is what makes America great), but we can agree on working to help each other help the country. Pioneering is not just a log cabin in the woods, but innovation. Innovation is something we are good at and must remain good at. Otherwise, what is our niche in the modern world? Where do we, the United States belong?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home