Wednesday, March 31, 2010

What in the world was I doing in Poland in 1999? My father has two Polish colleagues and friends, Marek Krygowski and Piotr Tomasik. I promised to visit. It just took longer than I expected. It would have been interesting to visit during Communism. I was a Political Science major in college and considered specializing in Eastern Europe, but did not want to get these folks in trouble.
Now, the train, the Silesia, was about to arrive in Warsaw Central station at 7 in the morning. I never saw the other passengers until compartments began opening and people greeted the Americans with "Good Morning." The entire car seemed to know there were Americans on board.
Co w świecie robię w Polska w 1999 r.? Mój ojciec dwóch polskich kolegów i przyjaciół, Marek Krygowski i Piotr Tomasik. I obiecał odwiedzić. To tylko trwało dłużej niż się spodziewałem. Byłoby interesujące, aby odwiedzić podczas komunizmu. Byłem głównym Nauk Politycznych w college'u i uznała, specjalizujący się w Europie Wschodniej, ale nie chce się tych ludzi w kłopotach. Teraz, w pociągu, Śląska, miał przybyć do Warszawy na dworzec kolejowy, na 7 rano. Nigdy nie widziałem innych pasażerów do pomieszczenia i zaczął otwarcie ludzi powitał Amerykanów z "Good Morning". Cały samochód zdawał się wiedzieć, że Amerykanie byli na pokładzie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home