Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Some of you have seen my posts about Jimmy's Diner. I drove by where it used to be today. The railcars are long gone. Just empty brush. I drove to the Mission Post Office to mail something after work. Paul Theroux in his book about taking the train around Britain The Kingdom by the Sea talked about Derry in Northern Ireland. (Keep in mind, this was written in 1984). He referred to Derry as the killing ground of Ulster. A good description of much of Tucson's South Side would be the same. I drove away and saw the mountains to the South in the distance. Mexico is on the other side, and hopefully it will be safe for its citizens and for visitors again soon.
I stopped for gas and got a hot dog. The airmen getting gas looked in disgust at me smearing mustard. There was the beautiful lady who flirted and laughed.
It was a drive on the Wild South Side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home