Saturday, June 19, 2010

Today was the book signing of Thief Eyes by Janni Lee Simner. Bought the book and the signing was a lot of fun. The book has references to the Norse Sagas and is based in modern Iceland.
People who know me know my offbeat sense of humor and I couldn't keep it quiet today. It is like having a tick.
Janni felt bad about mispronouncing Icelandic names. I am sure they are accustomed to it. Janni did say there is a website where Icelanders post the ways their language is mangled.
Two silly things come to mind. The Swedish Chef in the Muppets. I fully expected The Swedish Chef to chase a chicken through the audience. Then there is John Cleese imitating Scandinavian accents. Another case of Monty Python ruining my life.
She said the volcano has been good for sales. One of the attendees said it best, what a marketing ploy. I posted before about it being like James Bond.
A fun time, glad I went.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home