Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Middle East is a rough neighborhood. You knew that. This is just an offbeat view, not meant to offend.
I will watch Battles BC when it is on History Channel. If you remember Exodus, Moses is led to the top of Mount Nebo and shown Israel, but told, you will not get to set foot in it.
Can you imagine the dialogue between God and Charlton Heston, sorry Moses. (The movie The Ten Commandments, you know). "God, what do you mean, I can't set foot there after all I've done for you."
"I need new leadership. People who are not held back by being slaves in Egypt. Your forty years in the desert was no accident. (I know, you have heard the jokes about they were men, so would not ask for directions. Not many folks to ask in Sinai).
Moses dies on top of Mount Nebo. Joshua leads the Israelites into the Promised Land. "Oh yes, Joshua, I forgot, it is not being handed to you. You have to fight for every acre."
The people there, the Canaanites have other ideas. Isn't like a schoolyard brawl? My God can take your God, Baal vs. Yahweh any day.
The real estate agent neglected to tell the Jews, everyone else wanted it. Read your history and look at a map. Major land bridge for empires for thousands of years.
Let's see if real peace in Iraq happens. Who wants to bet on that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home